Thursday, October 1, 2009

Why is there a toothbrush in my guitar?

It's not a question I often ask myself. It's really not a question I thought I would ever ask myself. Everyday as a parent I find myself saying, "Huh...I never thought of that happening." This morning I opened my bathroom drawer to brush my teeth as I do every morning after my shower. I couldn't find my toothbrush, though. That kid steals everything, so I knew who the caper was. My problem was that I didn't know where he would have put it. By this time Boston was already awake, so I checked his room first. Nothing. Then I went into our bedroom. Nada. Computer room? Nope. (So I thought.)

I settled for one of our spare toothbrushes (before having a child who is mobile I never thought it necessary to possess a "spare" toothbrush) and decided to continue my search after school. I mentioned my oral hygiene problem to Cara, who immediately asked, "Did you check Boston's room?" We both looked, again to no avail. After baby boy's bath I picked up my acoustic guitar to strum a few chords while Cara dried little man off. When I turned it on its side to sit it on my knee it sounded like someone had tossed half a dollar's worth of change into the thing. Cara looked at me and said, "Was that your toothbrush?!?" I looked through the sound hole; it was my toothbrush. When I took the strings off to rescue my treasure I also found 8 guitar picks which Boston had deposited earlier in the week. It looks like my guitar will spend more time in its case these days. At least I can call the toothbrush search and rescue team and tell them their services will no longer be necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment