Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pumpkins and Spooks

I hope Halloween was fun for all. I finally got around to carving my pumpkin last weekend. It's probably a good thing I didn't get to it the weekend before. It hasn't been a week yet and it's already getting soft. I was thinking about doing something stupid, but I settled on the classic triangle-eye pumpkin face. A good choice, I think.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As a rule, Carroll High School does not allow staff or students to dress up for Halloween. This year they decided to make a fund raiser out of it. Anyone who dresses up pays two bucks, which goes to help pay for the medical bills of a student who had a serious growth removed from his optic nerve. What a great opportunity to help the cause and wear a chicken suit all day. I've been looking for an excuse to wear it to school. My students thought it was pretty cool. I got my fair share of odd looks (from students and faculty), but it was worth it. The best part was wearing my Chucks underneath the chicken feet. One teacher wore her regular clothes with a sign that said "Nudist on Strike." I also liked the art teacher's costume. She's the one on the right dressed as a bag of leaves.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had another gig a couple weeks ago with the new trio I've been playing with. Dan, the guitar player, is a friend of mine from town who used to play in the Brown Bottle Band and the Trainhoppers. I met Brandon, the drummer, in the music department at IPFW. I have a lot of fun playing with those guys. This is a small clip of us playing Revolution by the Beatles.

No comments:

Post a Comment